Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 1997 16:56:45 -0400
Anon:

Greetings...and I think I may have the answer to your problem.  My big boy,
Bandit (And BOY Did he get big...3.5 lbs...but he looks bigger!) plays like
that a lot.  He and his sister can be playing like mad...and then she finds
something a little more interesting...or she isn't playing quite as
rough...and BOOM!  He'll race to the middle of the floor (withing her line
of sight) and fall down, flat as a pancake.  He keeps an eye on her to make
sure she's watching.  If she isn't, he goes through it again, flinging
himself down and acting "dead." I think it's exactly what it seems to be.
He's playing dead, or just pooped...like "OH, gee, look at me...helpless...
lying here..ready to be attacked at any time..oh, woe is me..defenseless
little me...etc." She usually falls for the bait and does her best Superfert
Snooka off the bed to get him.  This creates a Furball Royale...and he's
happy again.

So, I don't think you have anything to worry about! *grin*

Dooks!
Jen and the Wiggly Duo
Bandit-Stinky and Weezer The Toebiter.