From:
Ed Hoffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 07:07:24 -0500
Hi all,

Well from a bachelor who also had carpet problems with my fuzzbutts.  =
Yes, some bachelors are HOUSEBROKEN!

Vanessa Matthews wrote:

"We just relocated and moved into an apartment with brand new carpet.  When
I let the fuzzies out to play, I close door so they have restricted access.
The problem is that they all have scratched at the carpet at the bottom of
the doors and they are beginning to ruin it."

With mine I found out two things -- One: One of mine was a newly gained
surrender and found out "believe it or not" she wanted to go out for walk!!
Put on a leash and a harness, no more digging!!  Two: Went to the local
dollar store and purchased lengths of "Clear Vinyl Carpet Protector".
These I cut to length and found some means of providing additional
attachment to the floor.  Each case was different.  Some cases I could use
clear vinyl tape, others duct tape, some tacks, whatever worked or looked
good and presentable.

Well the clear vinyl worked so well I also started using it in the
corners for "additional" protection.  No, MY fuzzbutts don't make or have
accidents, THEY use the litterbox.  It's the FLO, it's YOUR fuzzbutts that
come here for clandestine meetings, they just don't have time to find the
"facilities" *grin*.

Ed - who didn't do it "yet"
 & the "didn't do it"  innocents