From:
Elwin Bullard II <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 01:29:48 -0600
I think this is Mr. Turner's address:

Letters of encouragement would be a great thing.

But just so everyone is aware:

Ted is trying to recreate the whole food chain.

He is also wanting to re-introduce wolves and bears.  (Ferrets would be prey
for wolves)

I think he is actually trying to restore the ecosystem by reintroducing
preditors and prey.  (the way it should be)

on the Black-Footed Ferret:

The special pointed out that they had gotten all the way to the brink of
extinction.  I think this has happened twice.  I remember a special on these
lovely critter when they were discovered alive in hte 70's.  Until that poin
nt we thought htey were gone.

If this re-introduction to the wild does not work(goddess forbid) would it
be possible to cross breed for the markings?  They looked and acted like my
girls except for the markings.  I would hate to think that the buety of
those critters would be lost forever.

Elwin Bullard
Mike Golobay
Ferrets: Ootz, Possum, Doris, Saffron and eternally Winnie
Sugar gliders: Myra and Myron
http://home1.gte.net/bounty
http://home1.gte.net/bounty/cemetary1.htm