From:
April Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2002 21:50:17 -0400
Hi, all-April here.  Just wanted to update all you SUPER, WONDERFUL FMLers
on Sparkle, the ferret I posted about yesterday in MA who was going to be
euthanized Tuesday night if I couldn't find a way to get her at least a
temp home by Tues.  night.

First of all, extra big thanks to BIG for getting my post into the last
FML so quickly.  You're the best!  Secondly, thanks to all the big-hearted
FMLers out there who have responded to my plea, with offers of financial
assistance, transportation, foster homes, potential permanent homes.

Alicia of Ferretwise (I just love you!) was my first call-she offered to
take Sparkle in if she tested negative for ADV (we are still awaiting the
results of the bloodwork).  Dr. Nancy O'Leary of the Worcester Cat Hospital
and Bird Clinic, where I work, agreed to admit Sparkle and work her up,
no matter what.  She and Dr. Tara Temple here at the hospital have been
wonderful with my own animals, and if you live in the Worcester, MA area,
I highly recommend them-they really care about their patients, are very
knowledgable and are always open to new info and consults.

Many, many of you responded to me and I have started a fund for Sparkle's
account to help pay for her testing and workup, including a likely and
imminent biospy to rule out (hopefully) lymphoma and get to the root of
her problems.  She is a sweet little girl and I hope we can help her.  She
is eating good quality ferret food right now like a little pig and has put
on 40g in one night after we got rid of the crappy, fruit-loop-looking cat
food she was eating and gave her a mix of Totally Ferret, Ferret Store
food, etc.  :)

She is being spoiled by me in the meantime, and I am grateful for all of
you who have offered to help-she needs whatever you can give, and it will
all go directly towards her care.  The hospital and my doctors will
discount everything, but her care will still be costly.  Thanks in advance
to anyone else who can help.

I'll keep you all posted on Sparkle's progress, and I especially
appreciate the potential homes Sparkle may have when we have determined
her medical course.

In memory of Renate, my first sick rescue,

April