From:
Claire C <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2007 09:34:50 -0400
On Jun 5, 2007, at 3:00 AM, Sukie wrote:
>Daniel Levitin of McGill, one of the world's premier cognitive music
>researchers just asked out permission to use a clip of Telemna playing
>her four note piano on his website
>
> http://www.brainonmusic.com/

What a wonderful website! I hope you will tell us how to navigate to
the clip when it is posted. The site seems to just list name of the
program, not important details (like a ferret composer!)

>I guess that means we have to tell the FML, despite that ancient
>carpet being an embarrassment. LOL!

Embarassed? What for? I mean, it's not as if you have to explain to us
what the kids were doing with a Casablanca DVD, a hairbrush, a
cell-phone case, a cello mute, and a sticky OUP (Object of Unknown
Provenance --pronounced "oop!") under the couch. We've been there.

My Frankie, who left for the Bridge this last winter, was fascinated by
live music (far more so than by recorded music). When I played, he
would slit his eyes and inch forward -- the cat worship pose. Sometimes
he'd try to get on or in the instrument. When I stopped, he'd go all
bushy-butt and race around.

His love of music enabled me to find him one terrible time when he was
lost for three days. I was out of town and my ferrets were being sat by
another ferret owner (who felt just awful!), and Frankie got outside.
I walked the neighborhood calling and putting up flyers, but nothing.
I felt so upset that I had to play, and it being a hot day, I had the
window open. I looked out the window, and saw something move in the
field that could be a ferret, so I raced down and out the door - and
a woodchuck dove into his hole. Hoping that wasn't what I'd seen --
Frankie was grey, and nowhere near as big as a woodchuck -- I stood
there and started playing again. Frankie -- thinner, obviously
nervous -- poked his nose out of the woodchuck hole! I kept playing
and edged towards him, and he crept closer, and finally I scooped him
up and danced around as much as he did the next day, after a bath and
good food and a rest.

--Claire
missing Frankie and Sam, cherishing Missy and Lilo.