From:
Jayne Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 1996 12:25:54 -0400
As someone who recently adopted a ferret that was fed grocery store cat
food, I can't say enough about Totally Ferret.  When I got Saffy, she
weighed maybe a pound, and had a coat that felt like sandpaper.  Now that
she has been switched to Totally Ferret, (it's been about three months), you
wouldn't even believe that she's the same ferret.  She has gained weight and
her coat has improved.  Although I do offer them other foods like Iams and 8
in 1, their main staple is TF.  As for being brainwashed, well, have you
ever been into those petstores that have those very colorful little sponge
and rubber balls with the words "Ferret Toy" emblazoned all over the
packaging?  I think falling for that might be brainwashing, but buying a
high quality food that ferrets thrive on?  I don't think so.

The way I see it is, when that sad day comes (and I pray that it is far far
far away) that my monkey children pass over the Rainbow Bridge, I don't
think I'll have any regrets like "Gee, I wish I'd paid less for their food."
Yes, Totally Ferret is more expensive.  Do I wish it was cheaper?  Yes.  But
taking into account how well my ferrets are doing on it, is it worth every
penny to pay more?  Absolutely.  If you think about it, TF is maybe 10-15
dollars more expensive than another food you may be using.  Provided you
aren't feeding a mass amount of ferrets, what's 10 bucks nowadays?  Barely a
movie for one with drink and popcorn, or a trip for two to Wendy's.  If
that's what I have to miss out on to make sure that my ferrets get the best
nutrition they can, I'm quite satisfied with that trade off.

Laura Ellis