From:
Chere Mccoy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 1992 08:58:25 -0400
On Saturday 11 Sept 1992, over 2000, pounds of supplies will go down
to Angela in Miami.  We have set it up so that Angela is out posting
notes to her club members (on what is left of their homes).  Food
Litter, Medical Supplies, Litter pans, food bowls, will be delived
Ferret members will go to the warehouse and pick up supplies for
their kids.  I want to thank you all for your donations thus far -
all will receive personalized thank you notes.  Also be sure and
include your address so you will get the next "Special Issue" of
Ferret Talk for Ferret Friends".  On another note Angela is making
more pick-ups.  Yesterday a woman ran into a pet store crying that
she had no home and her ferret's cage had been destroyed, no food
no nothing.  The pet store took the ferret and then left a message
for Angela - Angela promptly picked up the ferret.  We hope that
the Saturday distribution will stop this type of thing from happening
We do understand that people are so very deperate down there that this
type of behavior must be forgiven.  As for the medicals on the 18
that Arrived last Saturday.  Thus far the medical bills are well
over $200.  If you can give please do.  You don't even have
to make your checks to FFIRC you can make them directly to Westside
Animal Hospital (they give us 37% discount for all Hurricane ferrets).
Send checks to:  Ferret Friends of Indian River County % Chere McCoy
8775 20th Street, Lot 614, Vero Beach, FL  32966.  We have received
some money but not near enough for these medical problems so we are
begging if you only have a dollar send it - everything helps.
Of the 18 we have 2 left in the shelter here 1 (little Rocky with
Cancer) will go this afternoon to his Foster Parent (and our
chapter vet: Dr. Brenda Ernest). and Frodo - a little girl
silver - mitt.  We have more coming on the Saturday run.  Again
thank you to all - keep the supplies coming.  signed Chere McCoy
President Ferret Friends of Indian River county Phone 407-567-0994