From:
Ben Roach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 22:49:41 -0700
This is to the anonymous poster who slammed Dawn about her decision on
giving up her ferrets.

I just want to know who the hell you think you are.  Dawn is already going
through a very difficult time with this decision.  She was actually asking
for advice and help.  If it is not in your nature to give comforting advice
or be moral support for a very tough decision, then shut up!!  I too was
once in her shoes 3 years ago, it was the hardest and saddest decision I
made to give my ferrets up, but when you look at it, if your life changes,
which most peoples do, and it's for the worst the best thing to do is to
make sure you are responsible buy making sure your pets are provided for,
if not by you, then buy someone who can pick up where you left off.  I bet
you didn't even think about that one did you?

While we can control most of our own lives, there are somethings out there
we cant control which can put us in a very difficult position, so my advice
to you, anonymous poster, is try to envision what she is actually going
through and give her some positive advice.

As far as her not wanting a shelter for her pets, I understood it not to
be a slam on shelters, but she actually wants someone who will be it's
permanent owner and she can be assured that they will get undivided
attention.  If her life has changed and this is her only option, I feel
that she is being a responsible pet owner by trying to make sure they have
a good future.

You should really think hard before posting in anger and attempting to
judge other peoples actions unless you want to be judged harshly by someone
else.  It doesn't feel so good does it?

My last comment is to Dawn, my heart goes out to you with this decision
making process and I hope your life takes a better turn in the future.

Sincerely

Ben
& Jeff

Madelyn, Max, and a new one!