From:
Lesley Colton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 2009 23:29:09 -0400
It has been quite a wet week in Georgia. Many flooded homes, displaced
people and confusion, with dread of another storm on the way. In the
last two years, we have been sucked dry by phenomenal drought, had
one of the biggest wildfires in the US, Struck by an unbelievable,
unpredicted, F3 tornado marching through downtown ATL. And now.....an
unprecedented, 100yr flood. Not a hurricane, not even a tropical
storm!!! Just a BADA&& Rainstorm. And our main reservoir lake- Lanier,
remains 5 ft under full pool? Hmmmmmm???? Atlanta needs to mend it's
GREEDY ways.

Anyway, Georgia has a wonderful, strong, caring ferret group focused
around the only Georgia Ferret shelter = Ferret Business of Georgia. We
are a close group and try to look out for each other. Everyone sounds
to be O.K.. The shelter had no damage and the Hospice had no damage. A
couple of members had some flooding, but sound like they can take care
of it with a little effort.

I would like to thank Barb Clay for checking on us down here and
offering possible resources if needed.

This is one of the most wonderful aspects of this ferret group, FML

Lesley