From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 07:11:07 -0400
[Seems related to recent posts to me, not OT :-) BIG]

Hi Everyone,

Marilyn here, and thought I'd share a smelly situation with you.

When my husband was alive, we had a farm. Sometimes a cow would deliver
a beautiful calf only to decide this was not for her. She was a Lover
not a Mother - so we always had to keep a "nurse cow" on hand.

This cow would nurse anything once we got things together. She was
never expected to fill the milk pail, she was just there to baby sit.

We used to take after shave or some of the popular scents (I have to
be careful here) sold by the lady who comes to your door, and rub it
on the calf from the back of the neck to the tail.

Then we would rub some on the cows nose - worked every time. She was
happy to find her long lost baby and we could go about our work leaving
the two of them together. She took care of the calf and we rarely lost
one.

My two cents

Marilyn