Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 15:13:05 -0400
Trish wrote:
>My question that I am concerned about is, is it wasn't really hot
>yesterday but late last night all of a sudden she was like a rag doll
>and her pads were red and she was drooling.  We picked her up and put
>her in the cold water but she was not snapping back out of it this
>time.

Hi Trish,

This sounds very much like it could be insulinoma.  Here is an article
that describes symptoms, causes and treatment:

http://miamiferret.org/fhc/insulinoma.htm

Red paw pads aren't mentioned there, but people have occasionally
mentioned observing that symptom in conjunction with insulinoma.  She
should be seen by a vet as soon as possible and her blood glucose should
be checked to determine if insulinoma is the culprit here.  Good luck!

Regina

Regina Harrison
http://users.rcn.com/badriya/
blog: http://badriya-z.blogspot.com/

"Is that my business?  Well, what is my business?  Do I know?  Did I ever
know?  Let's not go into that.  You're not human tonight, Marlowe.  Maybe
I never was or ever will be... Maybe we all get like this in the cold
half-lit world where always the wrong thing happens and never the right."
--Raymond Chandler, The Little Sister