From:
Moxie and Nexus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 11:35:34 -0500
I checked out the auction for the food to benefit a shelter which is a
nice idea.

I had to laugh when I read that it was flavored to appeal to ferrets and
had a 75% acceptance rate on the first day of being introduced.  When I
put this food in Nexus' dish, he picked it out and set it on the floor
and ate his Totally Ferret.  He hates this food and I don't blame him.
It smells horrible.  You would think they would make it more appealing,
as the low carb concept makes sense and I wish Nexus would be able to eat
it.  I fed it to him while he was sick with the flu, but it was ground
up and mixed with the TF in a soup.  I wish the makers of Totally Ferret
would lower the carbs in their food.

I also tried the Pretty Bird hedgehog food and my huffer wouldn't have
anything to do with that either.  It smelled nasty too.  So, why can't
someone make a low carb ferret food that our ferrets will eat?  I've read
other posts on the FML about ferrets not liking the new food, so Nexus
isn't alone.  One outfit (I won't name it) came out with a natural food,
but that had veggies in it which I didn't understand since ferrets are
meat eaters.  I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting a better food for
ferrets, especially after losing some to insulinoma.  I think the lower
carbs is the way to go.

--
Moxie and Nexus the moose, missing Chance