From:
Lynn Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 May 2002 23:08:15 -0400
In FML #2002-3773 Lisette mentioned that in a private letter to her I said
I was exhausted taking care of ferrets & many other things.  There is
usually a lot going on around here.  She asked that you pray for me.  I
just want to say that I am not the only overworked, exhausted ferret mom
around.  I am not the only one that transports many pounds of ferret poop
a week, cleans litter boxes, cages, takes care of sick fur kids.

With Mother's Day coming up, I ask that everyone remember all of the
wonderful ferret shelter moms out there that go on & on & on.  I have
always wondered how in the heck they all do it.  Many of them hold down
one or two jobs outside their home, plus take care of many fur kids, both
healthy & sick.  They see ferrets come in, they adopt out, they have to
help too many to the Rainbow Bridge.  They juggle little money to meet
the needs of many, they go without so they have what is needed.  They
stay up nights giving comfort to little ones that are ill, many passing
on in their arms knowing only the love & devotion they have received in
their hands, then they go to work out of their home in the morning.  Come
home at night exhausted & do it all over again.

They are truly sent here from God to take care of the unwanted fur kids.
They give so much every day.  It is they that can use all of the prayers
that they can get.  Not to mention financial & emotional & physical help.
With Mother's Day coming up I ask that you remember all of these shelter
moms in whatever way you can.  Everyone sends things for the fur kids in
shelters, money to help with surgeries or other vet bills, litter, water
bottles, food, hammocks, sleep sacks & toys & much more.  Maybe for this
special day you could give something just for the shelter moms.  Like a
box of candy, as little as a single flower, a nice card by snail mail or
email, a little gift of something pretty or funny to brighten their day.
Use your imagination, it doesn't have to be expensive.  Donate a few hours
of help, tell the shelter mom to take a break & get some rest.  Let them
know they are very appreciated for all that they do.  And yes pray for
them to.

Maybe you shelter moms can tell how you do manage to get everything done
that you do.  How do you go on day after day?  Where do you get your
energy from?  How many times have you wanted to quit & what has kept you
going?  Do you think you experience more happiness or sadness in the
ferrets that go through your hearts & shelters or does it even out?  What
do you do for relaxation, fun?  How often?  What kind of support do you
get from your families?  Are they understanding in what you do?  What is
a day like with you?  What is your schedule like?

God Bless you all, each & every one of you & I hope you all have a VERY
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Hugs,
Lynn & Clan War Weasels
          &
  War Weasels Refuge

PS: I know that there are many shelter dads out there to, hang on, your
day is coming.  Y'all can do nice things for shelter dads on their day to
can't you?