From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2013 00:19:22 -0500
It's something I have been saying to my gorgeous and tiny sable sprite
on a daily basis, or more.

Never again. I guess it made her interested in the subject.

I don't want to embarrass the lovely southern shelter operator for
whom I named her, so I'll call her IT.

Got this bad flu running around and...it's not pretty. I was wiping
my behind when the phone rang several feet away. I am OnCall at work
24x7x52. It's ALWAYS a crisis! ALWAYS an emergency! ALWAYS a panic! If
I don't get the phone in the first few seconds....it's not pretty. I
made a final swipe, slammed the toilet lid down and ran to the phone,
jammies at my ankles.

I'm on the phone when I hear a thump coming from the bathroom.
Thump...thump...thump...The toilet lid is rising up an inch or so then
slamming back down.

How IT took a flying leap without my notice is beyond me. Must have
been during that final wipe while the phone was ringing...Robin
Williams screaming "Goooood Morning Vietnam" (that's my work phone;
it's a war out there). I lifted the lid and IT came flying out, covered
in wet toilet paper and other fun stuff...it was NOT pretty.

Now, we ALL know to ALWAYS leave the lid down when ferrets are about.
But sometimes you just gotta use it without warning.

[DM]