From:
Wes Hurley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 08:03:03 -0700
This is Susie Lee for all of us at the Ferret and Dove Sanctuary, Inc.
We've adopted out two more ferrets and taken in several over the last
few days, battened down the hatch-lings, too, and transferred all the
doves by pairs into smaller and much sturdier cages mostly the sizes of
single-storied ferret cages.  Stored and saved extra ice to put atop the
ferrets' quarters should the power be lost, which looks fairly likely...
for even though we're up upon a hill in a secure suburban neighborhood,
we're still just 2 miles inland.  We shall ask, now, for assistance for
the sake of the 49 ferrets and 19 doves who are dependant on us before
the power is lost and our time is entirely taken in caring for our
charges.  We don't have this "pay-pal" thing-a-ma-roonie, partly because
we don't understand it (both retired) but Do have the ferrets set up with
their own bank account (old-fashioned, like us :) through which all their
supplies and needs are accounted for.

please send any checks or money orders made out to
The Ferret And Dove Sanctuary, Inc.
3815 Tom Lane Drive
Pensacola, Florida, 32504

We give the ferrets Mazuri Ferret food and Maxximum Nutrition Kitten
chicken and rice, the cats (7) get the Maxximum Nutrition adult cats
food.  The birds have 25 pounds of seed in part thanks to our area's
Emerald Coast Greyhound Rescue.  We also help support our sister-shelter
which has been taking in all the rabbits and guinea pigs that had come
in to us, called the Rabbit Friends Sanctuary, so that anything we get
that they can use, like rabbit food, they get.

So here are some of the ferrets currently in residence who will be
directly benefiting from your tax-deductible donations (for we certainly
shall be sending each contributor a tax reciept as well as a thank-you).
Chance Dook-Dook of Earl, Razzy RazzmaTazz, Buddy Boy White, Nala
Bubbles, Sloppy Joe-Joe, Kiara Blondie, Princess Yak-Yak, Little Miss
Snickers, Crestview Wookie, Duff MacDuff and Maggie Mae Moxie MacDuff,
Katie O'Cato Ferret, Buckaroo Babyface and Phyllis The Fair Babyface,
Cleopatra Pearl, Spike Thompson Ferret, Rosie Rosalina, PeeWee Phoebe,
Ninja The Widget, Rikki Tiki Tavi, Zinc-A-Dinc-A-Zoo!, Sid Sylvester,
Jasmyne Pandora, Calvin Cadbury, Falcor LuckDragon, Nibbles SnaggleTooth,
Seth Silver Panda, Andy Allwhite, Jazzmine Miss Boss, Little Prince
Albert, Izod DEW Litely, Clydesdale Silver, Chloe DEW Lovey, Willow
ButtercreamCoat, Zoey JoyfulGirl, Emmaline The Dear, Diamond Tiara White,
Jasper SugarCinnamon, Little Miss Muffin, Aristotle Silver, Socrates
Chocolate, Fort Walton Charlie, Sandy LeQuick, Bandit WaggyTail, Farrah
Ferrette , Kyle Cinnamon , George Washington Ferret, and Dell Blacksable.