From:
Monica Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 12:39:41 PST
Hi everyone, it's been awhile since my last post but I would appreciate any
and all suggestions that anyone might have.  About a month ago I rescued a
little boy ferret, Fozzie, that had been put outside in the cold with only
1 little tent hammock, no blankies, water bottle and food dish and litter
pans.  There was no longer any interaction from his family as there were 6
kids and not "time" for him any longer.  Fozzie was in good health it
appeared when I got him, nice and fit, almost 3 pounds, and he was about
2 yrs old.

I keep Fozzie isolated for the first 2 weeks in his original cage, had
separate play times for him away from the others that own me.  He was
eating just fine, original family gave me a new bag of ferret food that
was just purchased for him as well as all of the cage stuff and supplies.
Took Fozzie in to see the doc and get him started on shots not knowing his
history.  At about that time he stopped eating on his own.  He'll drink
from a bottle on his own, but no dry or moistened kibble.  He'll take duck
soup if syringe fed but has started grinding his teeth.  Took him to the
doc and he's lost about a pound of weight.  The doc took some blood to
check for insulinoma and the results came back negative, but he said that
"something" is going on with his liver.  I was given some amoxicillian to
be given twice a day and some hi-vite drops to be given once a day.  Fozzie
still will not eat on his own and at times will "spit up" a bit of the soup
after eating.  We have an appt with the doc for Tuesday but would like to
know if anyone else has experienced anything "similar" to this.  My other
ferrets have been exposed to ECE so the possibility of Fozzie contracting
it is pretty good, he has had diahrea but it doesn't stink like ECE type
does.  When I can get a good amount of duck soup down him and he poops, it
is fairly normal looking, not green or slimy or seedy.

I'm behind a bit on reading the FML, so if anyone with any info could email
me privately I would appreciate and so would Fozzie. Thanks in advance for
your help and prayers.

Monica and the Weasel Ward
James,Clyde,Squeeker,Slinky,Tango,Cash,Taffy,Keegan,Jewel,Amanda,
Samson,Bear,Felix,Karizma,Oscar,Fozzie Bear.
ICQ # 29613521 - Slinky

We never lose the ones we love,
For even though they're gone,
Within the hearts of those who care,
Their memory lingers on.
Bonnie,Bartles,Yuki - gone but not forgotten.

http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/PetsPl/ferretsrule1/
http://beta.communities.msn.com/Ferret