Date:
Sun, 28 Jun 1998 15:23:20 -0700
>From:    Laura Mann <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret Legalization and other miscellanies....
>I have one question that I've had some trouble ( i know, shame on me :( )
>responding to my california or other friends when the ferret legalization
>issue arises.
> Ok, here's where I run into a problem.  I've often gotten the response
>"Now, Laura, c'mon, there's GOT to be *some* basis for these allegations or
>it wouldn't be an issue.  They wouldn't be illegal." Besides, my "nuh uh"
>(* real* effective!) and the fact that all the other states have realized
>(cept the two(?) ) by legalizing fert "ownership" through regulation as
>opposed to outright bans, what else can I say??

You could tell the person asking that they are welcome to try to find proof
of these allegations and tell them "Good Luck".  Seems everyone researching
the problem hasn't been able to find any proof behind the allegations.

CFL has an interesting study done by an outside group that studied the
allegations and couldn't find proof either.  Makes outsiders wonder
doesn't it!

Chris