From:
Dave Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Nov 1996 19:07:54 -0500
>From:    "Mrs. Duck" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Please think about it...
>I have been noticing something happening time and time again on the FML and
>other Ferret Related Forums which is really starting to get me very
>concerned.  It seems that with increasing frequency there are people saying
>"I want to get a ferret, but can not afford one,...
<<<remainder snipped for brevity>>>

Very well said, and I echo your setiments exactly.  Ferrets do need very
good medical attention, and with the thought that all ferrets do not have
problems, a ferret owner MUST be prepared for a vet bill.  It is commendable
that folks want to adopt their pets from a shelter, but what a disservice it
would be if you get it home and neglect to give it proffessional medical
attention shoulfd it need it.  Ferrets are a responsiblility not to be taken
lightly.  I don't think I would be alone if I said that I challenge those
that run shelters to do the best they can to ensure the adoptive family is
aware of the possible medical bills and have the means to meet them.

Dave Smith
{LooSeWiRe}

Along with the crew of "Loosewire, Lucy, Sugar, Spice, Buford and Boomer"