From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 14:06:54 -0400
Since so much of what is said about farms is WAY OUTDATED I figured that
folks might like to look up the ones which specifically interest them at:
http://www.aphis.usda.gov/ac/lists/lista.pdf and then arrange to get
further info from those offices.

Just an FYI: I have not read the latest inspection report if one was done
this year, but MF HAD complied and followed not only the requirements but
the recommendations made so their last two inspection reports come back
clean, if memory serves.

Farms in general need improvements and MF may the largest but it's
apparently still not the worst of the large ones (despite some improvements
to some others), so be careful of seeking an easy scapegoat as opposed to
working toward progress.  There have been improvements made to MF in
response to people who stuck with facts rather than rumor over the years
(ditto some other farms), and MF also works to help ferret legalization
and health care efforts (unlike any other farm that I know of, though PV
has finally begun giving food to some shelters so that is certainly good
progress).  Finding an easy whipping boy has never created progress;
working from facts in a logical and business-like way consistently has
though it is slow and hard work -- but so worthwhile (much better than
griping).  There is still a lot to get improved at every farm, and no
good reason for each person here to not try cool-headed constructive
actions toward such changes at all farms.