Date:
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 06:01:15 +1100
Hi!  I have a question for those of you professional ferret-home proofers!
I am going nuts trying to keep my Eddie out of my couches!!  Okay, let me
see how to explain this... My couches are leather and have gaps where the
arms meet the back of the couch.  These are consealed to the eye by the
large back pillows.  Unfortunately Eddie has found them!  In a split second
he can jump on the couch and is inside before I know it!  I then have to
coax him out by squeeking his rubber duckie or rattling the container his
fave treats are in.  Once he gets out I scruff his neck and tell him "NO",
promptly putting him in his cage for time out.  This is only when I can
catch him!!  Sometimes I catch him just on the couch and he sees me and
darts off!  He knows he's being bad!!  Can any of you suggest any
solutions?  Right now I have a sheet over the corner he usually uses to get
in the couch but it looks pretty tacky!  I realize one of those couch slip
covers would solve my problem but I really love my couches!!  I also don't
have the option of closing off the living room since it is one great room.
I hate keeping him in his cage!  Please email if you have any suggestions!

Thanks so much!  Heather & the couch-woozle Eddie!