From:
Gordon Bengtson CI/ASMEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 06:53:38 -0400
For a person to offer a Ferret pelt on e-bay is repulsive.  The pelt was
also poorly done, at least as displayed.  But this person had every right
to do what he did and to sell it.

No person had their rights eroded, only their personal preferences.  Yet
there are those who will try to erode that person's preferences and also
his rights.

No one is attempting to remove legal rights of anyone on the FML.  It
seems there are some of the FML that will attempt to remove rights of
another and that is what I object to.

It is a fine line but one that has to be addressed.  You have the right
to have and keep a ferret, but there are those who will say they are a
wild animal and you should not have one and if so then you will not be
able to have one because of that person's preferences.  I would object
to that move also.

I have a right to object to another person having his/her rights eroded
and shall do so.  I also agree some rights allow things that are
distasteful to others but no one is hurt.

As I said, I hate asparagras and feel it should be outlawed.  But there
are those who like it, even love it but that does not hurt anyone else,
is just distasteful to me.  I have no right to remove that vege.  The
ferret pelt did not hurt anyone, cause safety issues, cost anyone
anything, and did not present any determent to anyone other than an
unacceptance of it by a few.  My heart sank when I saw that pelt but I
support the person's right to do what he was doing and defend it.

This is the last I wish to hear of it, and nothing will change in this
camp in support for anyone's rights to do anything that causes no harm
to another.  Distaste is a matter of people getting along in society.

Gordon and Byte-me
Missing Podo, Bud, Nibble-ed and Kodo