From:
Linda Mooring <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 1995 10:32:00 -0700
Within hours of posting a few flyers, the owners called.  They'd been
desperate to find their little guy and on one of their many searches around
the block saw a flyer (which have now all been removed).

They're good ferret owners; they just haven't completely ferret-proofed
their house.  Apparently the ferret and their Shepard love to play but
they're in the process of rebuilding their back fence.  The dog knows the
boundaries, but the ferret slipped out of the house and away.  They knew he
was missing because the dog wouldn't stop barking but the dog wouldn't
follow him into whichever yard into which the ferret decided to escape.

I got to see the small ferret and huge dog play.  The dog lies down on the
floor just to let the ferret climb over it and chew on its ear!  Then the
dog leaps away and tries to make the ferret chase it.  Hilarious.  And don't
worry, their play is carefully monitored by the family.  I seriously think
the ferret is the alpha pet in that household!

Linda