From:
Robin Hood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 1996 05:42:57 -0700
I picked up "Kit" from my local Humane Society last Oct, and (due to things
coming up) won't have as much time to spend with her as I do now.  I was
thinking about getting another ferret for her to play with (as well as it
being a welcome addition to the family), but I wasn't sure how Kit would
react to one.

A friend of mine, and fellow ferret owner, brought hers by.  Nikitta is a
six month old pet-store bought pure white one.  Mine is a two year old
sable, and both are female.

We let the two in the same room, supervised, and watched what would happen.
At first neither cared for the other, but when Kit noticed another ferrett
in her territory she immediately climbed on Nikitta's back and tried
grabbing her scruff.  Nikkitta starting "dooking," and then they started
getting real ruff.

Kit bit Nikitta HARD on the back of the neck, and Kit's tail puffed out.  I
seperated them (brave as that was) and Nikitta sounded like she was
hyperventalating.  Mine didn't really seem to care, but whenever we put them
back down mine would chase Nikitta around the room.

My question: I've heard ferret's play rough, but how rough is rough?  Should
we just let the two go at it (so long as we don't see blood) or what?

Check out my web site for some GREAT reading material:
http://www.escape.ca/~rhood