From:
Melanie Molzof <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 12:11:18 EDT
Hello all!  I would like to thank each and every one of you from the
bottom of my heart, that took the time to respond to my post about
Shelby.  You have no idea what a wonderful group of people that you are
and I thank you all so much for sharing your information, experiences and
for your support.

Over the past several days, I have noticed that many of you have had to
give up your little ones and my heart goes out to each of you.  I don't
know exactly how you feel but I can certainly empathize as I have watched
so many pets leave this earth and each time, it hurts just as much, or
sometimes more, than it did the first time one of my furry babies passes.
You are all in my prayers and I pray that peace will be with you.

Shelby or Shelby Louise as I call her has returned back to the vet and
appears to be wasting.  Have no idea why -- electrolytes, renal function,
CBC, chest x-ray are all normal.  She ate the first day I brought her
home -- about 75 out of 100 kibbles in 24 hours which I felt was good but
the next 24 hours, she at maybe a couple of kibbles.  She is being hand
fed baby food with ensure at the vets office and the vet is trying to
make contacts to Universities to see if there is something she is
overlooking.  She is also on amoxicillin in combination with another med
and her prednisone dosage has been increased.  The doc started amox. in
case she has heliobacter and is not showing syptoms.  Shelby's final
pathology report came back and showed adenocarcinoma but the vet told me
it would not spread.  If any of you have any suggestions, I would greatly
appreciate your help.  Thanks to all of you and God bless.

One last thing, I was the winning bidder on one of the ferret angels on
ebay and they are adorable!  Many thanks to the person who provided the
information about these auctions and what a good cause!

Melanie