Date:
Fri, 30 May 2003 12:09:15 -0400
I was watching the Discovery Channel this past Monday and happened upon
a show called Home Matters.  They did a segment on pocket pets complete
with a vet who was on the show describing different animals which are
considered pocket pets including hamsters, guinea pigs, etc and how to
care for these animals... and than the last "pocket pet" they showed was
a little baby albino ferret... the vet (I forget her name)even put a cute
little hat on him to show how adorable he was.  Of course, he had just
awoke from a nap so he was still waking up and laying in the hosts arms
quietly.  While talking about the ferret, the vet mentioned that they
are easy to care for and they only need their litter boxes changed once
a week.  Is it me or is that information horribly inaccurate?  The only
part that seemed accurate was the vet mentioned that they do like to get
into couches, and anywhere else they can squeeze their tiny bodies under
or into.  At the end of the show they mentioned that all the animals
shown in the pet segment were from petco and petco was a sponsor of the
show.

I emailed the discovery channel and I was hoping others would do the
same.  Ferrets are definitely not pocket pets, shame on the vet for
saying they are!!!  The url to email the Discovery channel is:
http://extweb.discovery.com/viewerrelations

Has anyone else seen this episode?

Barbara and 7 ferrets who are NOT pocket pets