From:
The Hammock Angel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 01:00:41 +0000
Hi all,

Response to The Hammock Fairy has been tremendous and I have a list of 25
shelters who would like to receive new hammocks.  I'll be sending hammocks
to all of you; thank you for contacting me and letting me know that
hammocks are needed.  I am delighted to have this opportunity to help out
shelters all across the country!  There might be a slight delay but you
will get some, never fear!

If there are others out there who would like to sew some hammocks for
shelters, feel free to contact me and I can give you some of the names
I've compiled.  There are a lot of shelters whose kids need hammocks to
snuggle in while they wait for their new moms and dads, as well as sick
fuzzies whose last few weeks or months would be more comfortable in a soft
bed of their own.

If anyone out there would like to join me in this endeavor, drop me a
line.  It doesn't take too much time to sew a simple hammock; I can even
provide instructions to anyone interested who hasn't made hammocks before.
Also I can give you some tips on hunting down bargain fabrics; Wal-Marts
and fabric stores always have a discount table that almost always contains
some sturdy cottons or flannels.  The pattern need not be spectacular;
what matters is that it will be comfy and durable.

Happy New Year to all, FMLers, Shelter moms and dads, and most of all the
fuzzy kids in shelters and rescues who are watched over by the few devoted
humans who are so dedicated to their welfare and salvation.

-The Hammock Fairy