From:
"Selina, Birch, Dief, Sprite, Storm, Sand & Bear" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 13:58:20 -0400
I just came back from California to attend a conference and visit my
brother and his girlfriend.  my brother has met and love my ferrets, his
girlfriend hasn't met them, but she is an animal lover.  basically neither
of them know too much about ferrets.  I printed a couple of the CA petition
forms for them and my brother got just under 20 signatures at the church he
went to, he got signatures from everyone he talked to, and we didn't talk
to too many people because we had to leave.  I'm not a christian and have
no intention of becoming one, but church seems like a good place to get
petitions for those of you who attend, if you haven't tried it already.
they are also getting people at work to sign, and apparently most people
are really happy to sign.  I don't know how many signatures they got
though.  it was weird, though, some of the people I talked to had never
heard of ferrets before, and I guess here in ontario most people have
heard of the name, even if they think a ferret is a parrot!

also curious.  the suppressed report of the study that CA DFG did a few
years back, are there copies available that can be sent to politicians?
or is there some history as to why we know of the report and its result
but can't get hold of it?

// Selina, Birch, Dief, Sprite, Storm, Sand & Bear
// http://www.cgl.uwaterloo.ca/~ssiu