From:
Richard Beveridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 1997 08:15:26 -0800
Arnold, a 6 yr old insulinomic male has a swollen and cracked paw on the
front, and on the same side in the rear the paw looks a little crusty.  Our
vet thinks it may be an infected and has put him on antibiotics.  The
condition appeared about 7 weeks ago and we thought it would go away, but it
didn't.  He has been on the meds for 3 days now without much noticable
change.  He does not favour the foot that we can see, and only the outside
two pads are affected.  He goes back to the vet later this week and if not
appreciably better, the vet will treat the condition as a fungus and a
suitable cream will be applied.  A scraping for mites proved negative.  The
sore looks red and puffy, and appears oozy.

Any suggestions or comments?