Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2007 11:47:20 -0700
As is usual for the ferret clan-- they can't have problem one at a
time-- we are faced with 2 major decisions/ possible surgeries and
I need some advice..

LaLa is 3 years old and has an enlarged spleen-- the vet and I had
agreed to wait it out an see --- but now she's relapsing and
lethargic-- just not her usual self at all-- so we are thinking
surgery-- soon-- The local vet ( not experienced at all in this and
I'm not comfortable with his surgery skills either) wants double the
money of the vet 80 miles away-- but will work out a payment plan for
us.. Gut feeling says no way-- However the better and cheaper vet need
cash at time of service.. approx $600.. Ok perhaps we could hold a
bake sale or something but it just gets better--

Thunder a rescue of unknown age ( we think approx 4) has adreanal and
the vet had him on implants and they were helping alot-- however, now
he is having urine leakage and I think we are running out of time and
he will need his surgery -- also.

I haven't been under the SOS Umbrella very long and I'm just learning
about fundraising etc..

How do I come up with $1200 plus in a short time ?

I have an emergency fund-- but it's down to $200 with all the recent
vaccinations/ intake evaluations and regreatfully two bridge
crossings..

The good vet says we have a couple weeks to perhaps a month to figure
it out..

I'm hitting up coworkers on payday-- putting a donation can at my
work and asking everyone to donate to a bake sale -- can you think
of anything else.

Wind and Willow Small Animal Rescue, Sanctuary and Hospice
Fallon, NV 89406