Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 21:30:12 -0800
Hello to all,

I'd written a couple of days ago about me being worried about Grizzly.
Took her to my wonderful vet today, he does find a large mass in her
spleen.  Her temp was 103 degrees which is 2 degrees higher than the
normal.  He gave me Preduisone to give to her orally for a total of 20
days.  He said that either way, wether the swelling goes down or gets
worse he would like to see us back in 1 week.  I'm gonna wait till
tommorow to feel her mass again just to see if there is any improvement.
She wasn't too happy about all of it, but I now know that giving her her
meds is going to be a 2 person job.  Wish me the best of luck lol.  I was
actually going to wait till the end of the week to take her in, but I
just needed to find out if anything was wrong with her and I'm glad I
did.

Instead of waiting and her having to have an operation like my parents'.
She's snoozing right now, as she has been for the past 7 hours since
we've gotten home.  That's one reason you can tell she's not feeling
well, she's been doing SO much more sleeping and less playing.  Plus, she
raises the hair on her tail like she's aggitated b/c she doesn't feel
good, and before she NEVER did that.  Poor baby though, I just wanna get
her out of her cage and love her till she can't stand me anymore.

Thank you to ?Risa?  (sorry if it wasn't you, I'll check back and correct
myself if I was wrong!) for the well wishes, that was really nice.  I've
loved ALL of the advice I've gotten over the past year for my fuzzy loved
ones.  Thank you to everyone!

Oh also, my parents are going to wait a couple of more days before the
get Stevie out and about, she's been doing great, but ALOT more on the
cuddley side.  We'll see, hopefully by Wednesday she will be with the
others for a bit.

Alison~Nursing Grizzly, and try to get Tazz, George and Brandy to stop
biting my toes.