From:
Samantha Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 1997 04:00:52 +1200
As reported to the FML on issue 1934, Pat Veesart of the Sierra Club had
sent in a rather hot note, saying she didn't wish to receive any more AB
363 mailings. I sent her a reply, and have received another in return...

>Pat Veesart wrote:
>Thank you, and thanks for the response.
>
>I apologize for being so hot, but I work full-time and come home
>to typically 6 to 10 phone messages and the same number of e-mail
>messages daily. I don't get paid for my environmental activism
>and it eats up a great deal of time. Add to that a dozen messages
>about ferrets and I went into system overload.
>
>I am sympathetic, but I really don't have anything to do with
>ferret policy, nor do I currently have time to delve into the
>subject. I would REALLY appreciate not hearing from more ferret
>lovers.
>
>Good luck,
>--
>Pat Veesart
>San Luis Obispo
>California

I'll admit readily that when I sent the previous mail into the FML, I should
have shown restraint in sending it, but I received it only a short time
after the decision to have Guy put down was made, and definately wasn't
thinking clearly.  Please please PLEASE do not write flames to Pat Veesart.
This will only increase her (I presume Pat is a female) ire where she has
currently begun to settle (thank heavens).  I have absolutely NO IDEA what I
wrote to her in response, but whatever it was, it must have worked to calm
her down, and I believe if treated properly, she may yet become a supporter
of AB 363.  A light tread in this case may yet do wonders.

On Guy...
The past few days have been difficult - sleepless nights don't help all that
much (as I write this my FML has just arrived, it's almost 4am).  However,
what has helped is the absolute flood of love and support that I've
received.  It was totally unexpected, and definately appreciated.  To all
those who have written in, I thank you again.  It has helped tremendously to
receive this mail.  I have kept all of it (poems, support notes, virtual
flowers even), and have been grateful for what this has shown me about my
fellow FMLers and Ferret Forum subscribers.  To those who have thought about
Guy over the past few days (and over the course of his illness), thank you.

Sam