From:
Amy Sodus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 23:27:37 EDT
>I have a 15 month old female ferret named Peanut.  I have had problems
>with her and fleas.  I was wondering if there are any treatments other
>then flea shampoo out there that are safe for ferrets.  My vet said that
>the once a month injections and pills don't say anything about ferrets
>and she didn't know if they would be safe....
>Allison

There are three vets at my vet clinic.  They did research and all agree.
They recomend the Frontline for cats and kittens for ferrets.  Many other
ferret owners use this on thier ferrets there also.  When I had three, it
was one tube for all three.  Now I have four, so half a tube for a ferret.
They said that it was not too much for them and to use more since one tube
for all four wasn't enough.  I've never had any problems with it and it
does work well.  You put it on the back of the neck once a month.

Amy and the boys