From:
Shawn Richardson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 20:54:38 -0700
My husband didn't at first love ferrets; he just loved me.  Sounds
familliar, right?  The fur kids were my engagement gift and wedding gift.
Things changed though when Dook-N-Dance, a ferret rescue in NC, brought
seven fuzzies to our apartment for us to look at and see who got along
with the other fuzzies, cat, and dog.

He was sitting on the floor, watching for accidents in the hallway, when
a chocolate male named Loki crawled up in his lap, layed down, and just
stayed there.  Instantly, "I want this one." I was shocked to say the
least.  He always left all the ferrety stuff to me.  Linda, Jane, and I
looked at each other and smiled; he was finally hooked.  Loki stayed.

Nick Names

Ferrets:
(All are subject to Furry, Weasel, Baby Boy or Girl, Angel, and D--- You
Ferret!)

Lancelot: Lance, La
ncey-Prancey, "The Big One", Mr. Muncher, Fat A--
Loki: Lonely Loki, Loco Loki, Loco
Merlin: Merry, Mer-baby, Merman, Panda Bear, Snaggle-Tooth
Pirate: Pie-pie, Rat, Popeye
Smokey: Moke, Mokey, Moca

Orange and White Kitten:
Little Miss: "The Littlest of Misses", Miss Priss, Miss Thing, Miss
Attitude, Candy-cane (Her tail), Ferret Stalker (You know the ferrets
win that one)

Labrador:
Gertie: Gert, Miss G, Big Black Pile of Fur, Shera, Xena, Mommy to the
other Furs