From:
Jen N Andre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 10:26:08 -0300
hello all, I recently found a home for a friend's ferret (moving away, no
room, no time, yada yada yada) with another friend of mine, he's young,
only 3 but it looks like he has insulinoma.  I know what insulinoma is and
am familiar with treatments but I was wondering what can be expected for
this ferret.  I read that the islet cell tumours frequently regrow when
removed,

*does an insulinoma diagnosis mean death?*

*How long have people maintained their fuzzies with a decent quality of
life?*

I feel horrible for my friend, (a first time ferret owner) and almost
guilty for recommending this ferret for her.  I'm sorry if this subject
has been dealt with to death on the FML but hopefully you'll forgive me :)
and will respond.

Thanks
Jen
(and Newton Dobie Fig and Mojo)