From:
Michael Capps <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2008 03:26:27 -0700
You [J Gordon Bengtson] said
>The ferts have been in the cage 24x7 for a couple days now.
>They used to be very used to that...

What do you mean in the cage 24X7. Ferrets need to be out of the cage
everyday for at least 2 hours of play time. Leaving a ferret in a cage
24X7 is, in my opinion, abusive. If a ferret owner can not let their
ferrets out, everyday, for play time then they should not own ferrets.

Its the animal owner's responsibility to take proper care of their pet
and in the case of ferrets, one item essential item, which is included
in proper care is out of cage play. That means everyday not on
occasion.

The above goes for ferrets at shelters as well. I've heard stories that
some shelters will let their personal ferrets out for play time but not
the shelter ferrets. Those shelters should be ashamed of themselves as
they are abusing those shelter ferrets.

I feel very strongly that ferrets need out of cage play time and if you
are not providing this for EVERY ferret you are being abusive.