From:
"Irena Arthur (OPS|schwanke)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 1996 09:27:53 EST
Dear Big,

Sorry for getting off the subject.  Sometimes we get a little carried away!
We will try and behave, "dad".

Could someone please post the Rainbow Bridge again.  I have not read this
poem but would really love to.

As for LAWS-I know that no one wants to encourage or condone the breaking of
laws but sometimes I find it unavoidable!  There are so many STUPID laws out
there regarding animals that I feel where passed out of ignorance and/or
fear!  It definately has to be a personal choice based on morals and ethics
and I happen to feel that it is okay to break the law if it is a matter of
life or death!  I would rather go to court or pay a fine than live with my
conscience if I let any animal die or be killed unneccesarily!

Ken and the 13-I agree!  A ferrets gotta do what a ferrets gotta do!  There
is a bright side to though!  I have found that if you allow an animal to
mark its territory or establish its rank among the family when it first
arrives in the household you will only have to deal with it periodically
from that time on (when the scent fades).

Re:Rabbits-Call the Department of Natural Resources and they should be able
to put you in contact with a wildlife rescue and rehab volenteer who can
help you from there out.  Start out by feeding the little one carrot and
apples shavings/slices (I used the potato peeler for easy to eat pieces) and
also some clover and grasses from your yard.  Keep the baby in a quiet area
if it is nervous, rabbits die of heart attack easily.

Outta Here,
        Irena