From:
dan christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:43:18 -0800
HEY EVERYONE!

2 LONG MONTHS!!!  HE IS HOME!!!!

I said i received a message on phone service, from Humane Society that
they got a ferret in, think he belongs to me.  WELL, HE DOES!!!  Eppy
doesn't even look himself, as his coat has changed so much, BUT, i knew it
was HIM!!!  When i looked @ his face, Eppy has a defect in his jaw, that
gives his lip a snarl, & IT IS STILL THERE, AS PLAIN AS DAY!!!  I would
have never known him by his coat, as he is almost white?  Well not really
white, but a lighter coat color, not much for markings on his face either,
the blaze is gone!  If not for Troy Lynn, telling me that he could have
changed coat colors, i would never have known.  I actually had to hold
him and look him over carefully, to determine that he was Eppy!  He was
brought in last night, by someone who found him IN THE PARKING LOT OF
SEARS!

What makes that so interesting, is the fact, that i have worked for SEARS
7 years now?

Make ME WONDER, as his coat is soft too.  Speculation, but could he have
been kept by someone who knows me, and knows where i work?  Sears is not
that far from our home, i can walk it in about 10 minutes..and Eppy had
been gone for 2 months.  You do the math, with the information i have
given you.  I left my phone number, for the HS to give to the woman who
brought him in, if she wants to call me.

I can never thank you all enough, for keeping my little fellow in
thoughts, prayers and especially your heart.  I was afraid to go to see
the ferret, afraid i would be dissappointed, and yet, i knew if there was
a fur child that needed someone to love him, there is always room for one
more here.  Somehow we manage to keep this boat afloat.  Never say "i
can't".  For you close the door on opportunity.  You CAN!!!  EPPYS HOME
COMING PROVES IT!  Do not underestimate the power of thought and prayer.
My sanity and Eppys return home have proven it!  There are some wonderful
ferret families out there, that need these prayers for themselves now, do
not break the circle for them.  There are a few who need us more than
ever, to heal themselves.  I know grief.  I know there are those who are
hurting in this group, too.  Please keep them in your
thoughts/prayers/hearts tonight.  Wrap them in your loving embrace, give
those you see at the Symposium lots of hugs for us here in Wisconsin.  I
w/not make it this year, but sure hope some time...Hey committee...how
about doing one in Chicago????  I can house a few of you...break out the
futons, can fit 3 in a king size bed if you don't mind ferrets sticking
their noses in your ears at night and sniffing.  The basement is chilly
as it is not a finished one, but that can be taken care of too.  There
are hotels and motels, and a train that goes to Chicago...i know where
to catch it!!!

Most of all, THANK YOU, EVERYONE!  Please keep those of us who are hurting
where they need to be the most right now.  i your heart..rejoice in my
found fur child, and find compassion for those of us who are still
grieving... THEY NEED YOU NOW.  Keep the circle unbroken, and give thanks
for what you have today.  Let tomorrow take care of itself.

YEAH!!!!  I still think you are a wonderful group of people!!!

I am still so excited about all of this, that my mind is just racing...i
am just glad that Eppers is home...

Hugs to all
Donna, a found mommy in Wisconsin!!!