From:
Jodi and Steve Schroth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 1995 20:21:22 -0400
I saw this posted a while back:

>>The major ferret show sanctioning organizations are (in no particular
order), FURO, AFA, LIFE and NAFA.  Other shows such as the LAFF, GCFA and
the Metro show are loosely associated and use standards at least partially
derived from work by Vickie McKimmey who also created the LIFE standard.>>

I just wanted to set the record straight. While I cannot speak for the other
groups, I can speak for LIFE. Our show standards are a composite of
information, gained from various sources. While I credit Ms. MsKimmey with
working on them, she by no means "created" them. They do not represent one
individuals work. When developing these standards, we took a long look at
what other groups were using, as well as the observations and input from the
LIFE clubs and shelters. What you see as the LIFE standards represents the
accumulated opinions of a lot of knowledgable ferret people. Also, people
have been writing "show" standards, or "color/pattern" standards for years.
Ask Bette Toskos of GA. She was involved when the IFA wrote standards the
original standards several years ago. When the LIFE standards were being
developed, these were also look at and incorporated.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that our standards represent an
evolutionary process. They bare little resemblence to the original standards
conceived at the dining room table of Howard and Ann Davis. Others at this
meeting included Tanya Iacaruso and Charlie Fellows, Carol Keith, and Pam and
John Grant. Several of these individuals remain active LIFE judges.

In addition, we have held other such meetings in various states. And, that
they are still changing. They are dynamic, not static.

If anyone is interested in the current LIFE standards book, please contact me
at [log in to unmask]

Jodi L. Schroth
LIFE National Show Coordinator
SVFC President