From:
Ann Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2011 04:31:46 -0700
Poop on plants

I have been using ferret poop on my flower beds for years. My husband
and I mix it with out grass and leaf clippings. We use alpine litter
and have for years. We bought a mower with a bag to be able to use them
for mulching. I highly recommend this mixture on flower beds as mine
are not only very productive but also have raised my beds every year.
I also have friends that come over for some ferret poop in the spring.
Keep in mind that we have two different piles an active one and a old
one. We switch out every year after it is laid down. The piles get
turned once a week and we wait for a year after the last add in before
we use a pile. I have had no complaints except the smell but my yard
looks great and my plants are bigger and better then everyone else's in
the area. It is up to you, but I love being able to recycle and enjoy
not throwing so much away.

I hope this helps and gives you options,
Ann

Ann's Ferret Shelter & Adoption Manchester, Ohio
Ann Church,
Director
http://annsferretshelter.9f.com/