From:
Mike Davison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 4 Oct 1992 09:54:07 -0400
I NEED to have my address changed for this mailing list!  We moved
to Roanoke, VA and I do not have non-long distance dial-up access to
my account.  Anyhow, my hubby has agreed to forward the mail messages
to me if you will change my address to:

Thanks!

Second order of business: Since we have moved we no longer have a vet -

We had quite a bit of trouble trying to find a vet at the last place we
lived and eventually found one due to some problems we were having with
one of the ferrets which led to us taking him back to the person that sold
him to us.  He suggested a vet who had previously bred ferrets and specialized
in them (somewhat) at vet school.

What I am looking for is some help in trying to find a GOOD vet who knows
ferrets, and doesn't just say "Oh, yeah, I see them all the time" (translation:
I don't know diddly squat about them, but I sure will take your money when you
bring them in!)  So, what kind of questions do I need to ask a vet to make
sure we will have someone who is competent and knowledgeable about the little
critters?

If someone chooses to answer this could you please "cc:" the new address
just in case Chris doesn't get my address changed over until later?  I will
let you all know when I start to get the mailing list at the new place.

[Oh ye of little faith]

Thanks -

michelle