From:
Kymberlie Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 1997 04:32:13 -0400
Hi all:

I'm sure you have all been reading about Kodo's case the past few days, and
I'm sure you read that the Great Lakes Ferret Association is asking for
donations not only to save Kodo but any other ferrets that get in this mess.
And I am also sure that many of you have already decided to send in a
donation to help.

This message is for those of you who casually read the FML and felt bad for
Kodo but didn't immediately write down the address to send the donations to,
those of you who figured that "others will donate, I don't have to."

PLEASE send money to fight this. Ferrets have been being put down FAR FAR
too much lately for *very innocent* nips...in this case, Kodo didn't even
bite! This was just a very old man with tender skin who brushed up against
a ferret's tooth, and for this Kodo needs to be killed?!?! Come on, guys,
help out the GLFA. I have more bills per month than I make per month, and
I'm still going to send what I can.

I hope I don't sound harsh here.  For whatever reason, this case has been
really affecting me, I couldn't even log on to get the FML at all on Monday
because I didn't want to read that Kodo was gone.  I have a ferret named
Koto who I call Cutie, maybe that's why I feel so strongly about this.
Anyway, just please, please don't let this chance to help out go unnoticed.

That address again to send donations is:
Gloria Davis
Treasurer Great Lakes Ferret Association
27654 Southpointe
Grosse Ile Michigan 48138

While you have your checkbooks out, why not send a few dollars to support
the folks out in California as well.  Ferrets there are also being put to
sleep, just for being a ferret.  That address is:

Californians for Ferret Legalization
410 Mountain Home Road
Woodside, CA 94062

I belong to neither the GLFA nor am I a California resident.  I just know
that ferrets can't fight for themselves, they can't write checks or write
letters to legislators.  Look into the eyes of your darling fuzzbutts and
ask yourself what YOU would want done if it was your ferret facing
execution.  They depend on us.  Don't let them down.

Kymberlie Becker
Director, Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association
"Forget Puppy Love...There's nothing Greater than Ferret Love!" TM
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/ferretlady