From:
MR CHARLES R ONKEN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 1997 19:11:16 -0500
QUESTIONS FOR JEANINE AND BOB C

Debbie Coburn of the Central Florida Ferret Friends in Orlando would like to
know where she can obtain information about the 1998 Rabies Compendium and
who is in charge for the State of Florida in seeing that it is instituted
and carried out by the individual counties.  She does not have internet
access, so I try to keep her updated from the FML.  Jeanine, where did your
vet get the information from?

For Bob C, she has a question about fitch ferrets.  She has taken in two
little girls that, she says, look different from any ferret she has ever
seen.  She says they have ears that are more pointed than round, and wonders
if they could be part "wild" or fitch, as she has been told.  We know that
"wild" ferrets do not really exist in the US, but says these two look
different enough from other ferrets she has seen to make her wonder.  Any
Ideas?

Debbie, by the way, is the person who pointed us towards Dr. Shafer with the
East Orange Animal Hospital who saved our Cujo's life.  Regulars on the list
will recall that Cujo had two operations in 3 months for urinary blockage.
Dr. Shafer, who did the second operation decided that Cujo's plumbing had to
be changed from boy- type to girl-type.  Cujo is 200 per-cent better than he
ever was before the operation.  He jumps, dances, giggles across the room
and is really enjoying being a well ferret.

Charlie, Ag, Donna, Cujo, Bandit and Snowball

We remember Kodo and the Spokane ferrets