From:
Anne Charbonneau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 1995 17:40:20 -0400
Bonjour!
        First of all thanks Dr. Williams for your advice...
        Victor had an hypoglycemia crisis last friday.  He had a low levell of
glucosis (2 tests: 25 g/dl and 50 g/dl..) We decided to go for the surgery
as all others tests were normal.  This morning during the surgery, the vet
phoned me.  He found also an enlarged adrenal (removed), 6 little
insulominas (less than 3mm) and a big one of 1cm (removed), another strange
tumor unattached (he never see this before and don't know what it is, any
idea Drs???) and worst of all a tumor in the liver...  He asked me if I
prefered that he does not wake up him...  I was not able to make that
decision, he's such a nice ferret...  And I had make the promise to
Marie-joelle the daughter of my fiance (who is the official mom of
Victor...) that I will never take that kind of decision without her consent.
I was so shock.  I cancelled all my clients and returned home.  When I
arrived home, Hugo was awake and he licked my tears...
        I had news at the end of the morning, Victor was awake and 0K.
The vet phoned me this afternoon to say that Victor has well tolerated
the anesthesia and he tried to escape two times from the incubator. He
said that Victor is not in pain and even is his condition is very serious
he was a bit more optimistic than in the morning.  If Victor does not
developp a pancreatitis or infection (he's on antibiotheraby and on
prednisone or something like that...) he should live some happily ferret
weeks...  I spoke with Marie-joelle, she was very sad but give her
consent to put Victor to sleep if he begins to suffer.
        Voila! sad news from my poor little guy :'-(
        I feel like a 10 tons truck had passed over me...

Anne, family, Victor (where are you mom!?!)
              Hugo and Adele (Where is Victor?!?)

--
 Anne Charbonneau E-mail: [log in to unmask]    Fax: (514)
                  Faculte de medecine dentaire