From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 1996 18:28:21 -0500
Does anyone out there have an unscruffable ferret, or am I just doing it
wrong?

Monster goes absolutely nuts if I try to scruff her.  Nuts as in
turn-attack-and-bite-to-the-bone kill mode.  Is this simply a dominance
issue, or am I possibly hurting her by doing it wrong.  I've scruffed dogs
and cats,so I think I've got the mechanics down.  I use a gentler/smaller
grip with Monster and don't lift her at all, but given the reaction, I'm
still concerned.

Any suggestions?

Megan and Monster