Date:
Sun, 6 Jul 2003 15:51:49 -0400
Greetings -

I am not a regular subscriber to the Ferret Mailing List, but I am owned
by an "old lady" (at least 8 years old) ferret named Jasmine and until
recently her cage mate Lola who passed over the rainbow bridge a couple
of weeks ago.  My former husband Sonam, who also is owned by ferrets,
posted about my sadness at Lola's passing and I received a number of
comforting e-cards.  I wanted to thank all of you who sent cards to Lola,
which Sonam forwarded to me.  They gave me comfort at a sad time.  I know
that Lola is at peace now and that she had a good long life (at least 8
years) and both those thoughts comfort me when I miss her.

Now I see the signs of age in Jasmine and it makes me sad, but she too
has had a good long life and has been a good companion to me.  I have
adopted a cat recently and when Jasmine passes over the rainbow bridge, I
no longer will have ferrets, so I won't have use for her deluxe "condo"
cage with 2 levels, which is old but still in good shape and useful.  I
cannot fit it in my car since it is big and my car small, but I live in
Bergenfield, NJ (in Bergen County, near Teaneck, if you are familiar with
the area), so if anyone who lives not too far away can drive to my condo
and pick it up, I'll be happy to give it to you when Jasmine no longer is
with us.

You can write to me at <[log in to unmask]> if this idea appeals to
you.  Of course, I will continue to keep Jasmine's home for her as long
as she is alive and not suffering, but I wanted to write this thank you
and also make the offer of donating the cage and its hammocks, water
bottles, etc.  in plenty of time so the offer could circulate and some
other ferrets could enjoy a comfortable home when my ferrets no longer
need it.

Warm regards -

Dee