From:
Tracy Tunnison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 1996 11:19:30 -0500
>My ferret has dry skin.  Does anyone know if there is anything to do ...
>And will someone please post the addresses and phone#'s of shelters in
>Michigan?  I need a pal for my ferret and want to get one from a shelter...
>         Linnea

Here are three shelters I know of in Michigan:

Mid-Michigan Ferrets and Rescue (this is me :))
(517)328-3903
located just outside Greenville, about 45 minutes from Grand Rapids

Vickie Roche
(517)332-7805
located in Lansing
(I just talked to Vickie to get her permission to put her phone number on
the FML and she said she doesn't have any ferrets adoptable right now, but
is always getting more in so to keep checking back or give her your info and
what you're looking for and she'll call you)

Westland Veterinary Hospital
(313)261-5900
located in the metro Detroit area

Hope these help you!

About the dry skin, other than less bathing, you could try a fatty acid
supplement like PetFA.  It's available thru vets over the counter.  It's a
liquid you can give direct or add to the food.  Another option might be
Humilac.  Again available thru vets over the counter.  It's a spray on
conditioner that helps moisturize the skin.  You have to expect somewhat
drier skin in the winter due to the dry heat most furnaces put out.  A
humidifier in the house might help also.

Good luck and happy ferret hunting :)

Tracy Tunnison
Mid-Michigan Ferrets and Rescue
"Where the Fun Starts!"