From:
zoosferretsanctuary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2006 08:01:35 -0500
Renee, I emailed you, off list, but in case others were wondering which
book we hand out, I`m posting.

It`s The Pet Ferret Owner`s Manual, by Judith A. Bell, DVM, PhD.  (We
ordered several cases of these, a few years ago!)

This is an older book, written in easy to understand language.  It is
full of excellent color photographs.  However, some of the info is a bit
outdated.  For example, on one page, there is a list of snacks, which
includes a few recently discovered NOT so good snacks.  At the time this
book was written, lysodren was the drug chiefly used to treat adrenal
disease.  We have enclosed two typewritten pages in each book we hand
out, with updates & helpful suggestions.  All in all, the book is a very
good read, & very informative.  Most everything she wrote still holds
true today.  It`s amazing how many topics she has covered!!!

We were impressed with the loving, compassionate tone she used,
throughout the book.  Her love of ferrets shines through on every page...

Love,
Zoo