From:
Joseph M Lovvorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 1996 09:25:14 EDT
Hello everyone,
I'm Joseph Lovvorn the other half of Rogue's Gallery Ferret rescue In all
the mess from hurricane Fran I wanted not forget the passing of my buddy
Merlin.  Merlin came to the shelter a few months ago and his advanced age
made him unadotable (also he was neither nuetured or descented) and mostly
blind.  But his nature was one of a loving ferret he quickly became my buddy
and I coundnt resist becoming his.  He could only play for half hour before
he wore himself out and them he would find me and lay on my foot so I could
pick him up and let him sleep in my lap.Last thursday before the storm hit
he started having convusions right before I got home(It scared are kids
pretty badly)I took him to the vet and he had another series convusions just
as I got there, at that time he was catatonic and I had the vet give the
shot.I stayed with him and rub his head untill he was gone, His time had
come and I know he is hiding God's socks under a cloud.We all know what
wonderful creatures they are and they sometimes steal your heart before you
know it,such was the case with Merlin.  We will be moving to a bigger place
soon so will be better able to take care the fuzzies and Merlins spirit will
come with me to our new home.  His was a Great Spirit and I was and am
honored to have been touched by it even for the few short months that he was
part of our family.

Merlin Epitaph: Taken from the Tao Te Ching

The myriad creatures arise side by side,
        thus I observe thier renewal.
Heaven's creatures abound,
        but each returns to it's roots,
         which is called "stillness".
This is termed "renewal of fate".
Renewal of fate is perpetual
To know the perpetual is to be enlightened;
Not to know the perpetual is to be reckless
        recklessness breeds evil.
To know the perpetual is to be tolerant
        tolerance leads to ducal impartiality,
        ducal impartiality to kingliness,