From:
Megan O'Shaughnessy DC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 19:12:05 -0700
For Kris's boy Chunky's owie... you might try an herbal such as calendula
or comfrey ointment.

Comfrey especially will tend to encourage tissue granulation, and should
NOT be used on a deep or puncture wound as it will tend to cause the
surface skin to heal first and thus produce an abscess.

Arnica gel or oil is another possibility (I use it on myself all the time)
but I would use it in a homeopathic dosage in case one of the ferts licks
at it.

Something else you can use for wound healing is....drumroll, please!
Light.  Yes, you heard me...light.  If you can pick up Chunky while he is
sleeping and move him (still alseep) to underneath a normal lightbulb
(75-100watt) about 1-1.5 feet over him, let the light fall on the wound.
This brings a gentle heat to the area and encourages granulation, plus it
will help to dry it out.  (I learned THAT one from an enlightened M.D. who
was the company doc at the NASA base I used to work on; I'd ripped my knee
open and she recommended I use light.)

Caveat: I'm a chiropractor, not a vet.

I hope he gets better soon!
- Megan
--
Megan O'Shaughnessy DC LMT ( [log in to unmask] )