From:
Deena Canals <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 23:49:57 -0500
I've started Nibs on some of the stuff from Gary's Timmy site but have
some question that hopefully either he or some of the others using these
products can answer.  Nibby has adenocarsinoma and it is very aggressive
but for right now he eats well.

If I start mixing Timmy's recipe and giving it to him that way, how many
meals is it for a single ferret?  Does it serve one ferret for one day?
One ferret for a day and a half?  Two ferrets for one day?  I have several
others I am going to put on all these supplements.  I don't want to take
them off solid food when they don't have an eating problem, plus they house
with their well buddies so feeding them seperate meals just don't work.
I'm also afraid that if I feed it just as a supplement to his regular food,
he won't be taking in enough of the herbals.

I've been trying to figure out dosages per day for him based on the recipe.
The recipe says:

>4 tsp. Timmy's Original Tonic; (see source below) [3 tsp. /ferret/day is
>what Timmy had when very sick, 1.5 tsp. in food, 1.5 tsp. in water]

This indicates to me that the recipe must feed one ferret for a little over
2 days based on 1.5tsp in food per day.  However, it gives the following
dosage of Pet Tinic:

>1 tsp.  Pet Tinic liquid vitamins; (see notes below for sources and
>ingredients).  [1cc/ferret/day = 1/5th of a tsp.]

This would indicate stretching it out over 5 days which doesn't mesh with
other things.

Right now I'm trying to just give Nibs the supplements but haven't figured
out how much.  He is getting the following items (some still to arrive).

Collodial Silver - straight from a syrenge for most, tonight I mixed it in
a flax oil cocktail for Nibs.  How much for sick ferret per day, how much
just to maintain health

Flax Seed Oil - how much per ferret?  tonight I crushed up the Pycnogenol
tablet

Pycnogenol - (20mg pycnogenol and 100 mg vitamin C).  Unfortunately I
wasn't paying attention and got tablets.  After crushing it up, I mixed
it in one tsp flax and and 2cc collidial silver and syrenged it to him

Greens+ - I haven't figured out how to give these to him unless I do a duck
soup with them

On order:
     Tommy's Tonic
     Pet Tinic
     Red Clover

When these come in, how much should I be poking down him of each?  And
should some of it be poked twice a day in order for him to absorb it better
and maintain a constant level.  If I add the follwing items, how much per
day per ferret?

- Natural Sources" brand Black Cherry concentrate (unsweetened powdered
  garlic
- Willard water XXX (supplies minerals & makes water wetter, improving
  digestion & lessening urinary tract blockages
- brewers yeast, I use Lewis Labs brand for best taste myself.

I'm thinking I'm going to have to make a soup.  I was hoping one I figured
out how much of each ingredient, I could mix several days worth in the
flax oil or something similiar (maybe linatone and olive oil), making it
convienent and quick to dose out.  For the adrenal babies, are all of these
recommended or just certain ones.  Once again, would twice daily doses
assure better absorption before it passes through.

And for the healthy ones, what would some of you suggest go into a cocktail
for them?  I know this is long and brain wracking but I really appreciate
any help and suggestions in getting him going.  I don't want beon
overdosing him with one thing while not giving him enough of the really
potent stuff.

***************************
You shouldn't scold the little baby who played in the ashes.  Penny says it
is a wonderful beauty treatment.  Tries to indulge in it every chance she
gets.  Not only will she scoot circles around my husband's ashtray if she
finds it, she pokes her head through the firescreen screen and stares at
the fire.  She tried once to climb under the log rack while the fire was
going.  After much negotiating and scolding she now settles for sticking
her head inside the screen.  I can't understand how she can stand the heat
and the ashes flying around although she is cute as hell with her little
butt sticking out of the fire.  (Her brother Nibs climbing into the flue,
rolling in the soot and than wardancing his little black body across the
carpet was not cute.)

Deena
Ferrets On the Go
www.webabout.com/fog